Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Baking Bread

So today I got the urge to bake some bread. I used to bake a lot when the kids were little, but after we moved to Florida and I started working full time, it kind of fell by the wayside. There is something very satisfying about baking bread. I love kneading the dough, watching it rise, smelling the baking bread smell and, especially eating it. Toasted, with butter. mmmmmm.....


Mixing the dry ingredients, bread & whole wheat flour, salt, yeast....





















My trusty bread recipe book. I've had this book for at least 25 years.




















This is "the recipe." When I used to bake a lot, I would make 4 loaves at a time.




















The dough...all kneaded and smooth, set to rise in a warm place.




















Split in 2 and set for the second rising....


























Ahhh...beautiful!






















It came out just perfect! And tasty!






















No comments: