Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hangin' With Jesus

Our friend Nick Casiello passed away this week after 2 years of struggling with health problems. Nick was a great guy. A man who believed God's Word and acted on it and I want to be like that! 

One of the many things I loved about Nick was that he loved my husband Loyd. Whenever Loyd was in the hospital, it was always Nick who would come up and pray with him. At Nick's memorial service, Loyd sang I Can Only Imagine. Vernon, Tim, Shelby and Loyd sang It is Well With My Soul, Soon and Very Soon, and I'll Fly Away/Goodbye World Goodbye.

So many people got up and spoke about how Nick (and his wife Carol) impacted their lives for Jesus. You never know the kind of influence a fully surrendered life has. It was amazing. I couldn't stop crying. 

I ran into my friend Dede there who said that she was sad and would miss Nick, but she knows he is "hangin' with Jesus." It made me smile.   :)


























.

No comments: